[CQ-Contest] saving us from ourselves

VR2BrettGraham vr2bg at harts.org.hk
Thu Mar 11 00:36:08 EST 2004

KM9M commented on the idea of having logging programs try to stop us from
transmitting on the wrong VFO:

>I don't know about these......  Why not have the computer power up the
>station, you close the door,leave the house for the weekend, and 48 hrs
>later look and see how your computer/software did in the contest?  I think
>we'd be better off knowing the rigs we're using.. The hobby is getting a
>little "too software" dependent!  IMHO

I agree that things in general may be getting a little too dependent, but
this actually
is a good idea & would be quite helpful in the heat of the battle or when
one is
knackered - which is probably a contributing factor to accidental out-of-band
transmissions where split is often used - the lower bands, which are
largely night
time bands.

73, VR2BrettGraham