[CQ-Contest] Response to K5ZD's Comments

Cqtestk4xs at aol.com Cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Mon Mar 15 17:51:29 EST 2004

I too, am one of the old farts.  I'll be 58 next September and did my last 48
hour contest back in 2001.  I believe I took off a total of two hours.

Leave the 48 hour contests as 48 hours.  It is truly an 'ironman' category.
However, if one chooses not to participate in the marathon runs, then the "fun
runs" are open to them.

Just because you don't want to enter the 48 hour class, for whatever the
reason, there are guys out there who do want to participate in it.  If the contest
sponsors want to sponsor new categories for 24 hours or whatever, they should
be very careful that they do not suck the blood out of the contest on the
last 24 hours.

Bill K4XS