[CQ-Contest] Re: Response to K5ZD's comments

va3dx at sympatico.ca va3dx at sympatico.ca
Tue Mar 16 14:46:20 EST 2004

>From this analogy below I find myself saying...

I will/can never be competetive to the point of winning in a 48 hr test.
I am not a ( 48 hr ) competetive contester
Some of the younger contesters just cant comprehend the effects of being
in your 50's or 60's, 70's and physically not being able to compete with
your own drive to win.
Lastly, we should not participate in this contest and instead go elsewhere,
to less strenuous ones.

A category of  ( 24 hours operating time ) would increase activity from a
lot of
us in the age/physically challenged group, allowing us the faint hope of
being
competetive. This could only increase over all participation.

Glenn