[CQ-Contest] Self Spotting

Alfred J. Frugoli (KE1FO) frugoli at worldlinkisp.com
Wed Mar 31 20:36:09 EST 2004

KU8E wrote:

>   The packet issue has been discussed for a long time and it seems to me that the majority favor removing it from contesting.  Now it's time for the contest
> sponsors to react....

Whoa!  I think most favor the rules being enforced, not just doing away with packet because contesters sometimes break that rule.  If we follow that logic we should do away with the 10 minute rule, because sometimes contesters break it - we should do away with power categories, because sometimes contesters break that rule.  Where does it stop?  K1TTT has shown us techniques for identifying potential self spotters.  I think the contests sponsors need to take action on this empirical information, not the kind of "it seems to me" information you talk about.

73 de Al, KE1FO