Off-topic: [CQ-Contest] Virus Attachments from Contesters

Timo Klimoff timo.klimoff at dnainternet.net
Mon May 10 00:19:47 EDT 2004

> I assume that whoever is sending this stuff got my address from
> contest-related list.  Are others receiving this stuff ?  Who is doing
this?
> Is there anything we
> can do about it?

Viruses usually fake the sender address. The address is taken from the email
address book of infected machine, so infected machine is the most likely
owned by ham who has a common friend (= faked address) with you. So it has
no use to send back emails like: "you have a virus" because faked sender
usually does not have it.

What to do? Invest to virus software and get a firewall.
( Eg. http://www.avast.com/ ,
http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp )

73, Timo OH1NOA