[CQ-Contest] RE: Meaningful Contest Exchange

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Mon May 10 10:44:53 EDT 2004

KE1FO says explaining an unusual contest exchange is easy, but he must
be talking about on SSB.  It is very difficult on CW.  Even some
otherwise good CW operators can't seem to copy anything but callsigns
and the expected exchange on CW. The casual operator can't be expected
to understand the explanation on CW and it would take forever to get the
info across.

Also, before we go changing the exchange so that the sent information
varies with each QSO (other than signal report information), I'd want
some assurance from contest logging programmers that our existing
logging programs can easily accomplish that. I don't know how they
could, but guess TR must be able to do so in view of the Internet
contest rotating exchanges.  I don't think that is possible with NA and CT.

73,

John, K4BAI.