[CQ-Contest] LotW - Needs More Participation

Charles W. Shaw chas.shaw at verizon.net
Thu May 20 09:23:07 EDT 2004

Hi,
         KI9A said:
>It also needs to be a little (LOT) less complicated for the casual guys to
>use.

         This 69 year-old OF (with a CK of 55) doesn't consider it
complicated!  My 9th Band DXCC is now pending thanks to some LoTW
QSL's.  However, I would suggest to anyone that is just starting in on
LoTW:  PRINT OUT the complete instructions, follow them one at a time, and
mark off each step as it is completed.  Makes it easy!  The younger
computer generation will find that it's really a snap.
         Once you have sent in your computer-age QSO's, you are then able
do make many useful lists and generate all kinds of useful statistics about
your operations.  And this doesn't COST ANYTHING.  Try it, you will like it!

73, Charles - N5UL