[CQ-Contest] LotW - Needs More Participation

Igor Sokolov ua9cdc at r66.ru
Thu May 20 22:48:21 EDT 2004

> Sending information by regular mail will show postage and
cancellation
> from the country of origin. This, in part, could help confirm that
the
> station gaining a certificate is legitimate, and not just someone
who
> managed to finagle or forge an e-mail address.
>
> Sure, the photocopy or the digital scan could equally be forged, but
> its much more difficult to forge the cancellation of the post.

Is there such a requirement? I thought they ask me to sent hard copy
of ID and license - nothing else. Means I can do it while I am in the
US or Africa.

> >  Besides, my license is already on  eqsl.cc
> > I thought the whole idea is to avoide using post office in the
> > beginning of
> > the 21st century whenever possible.
>
> Well, you use the post ONCE to gain your certificate, and there
after
> you need not use it to QSL as many stations as possible.

I understand that pretty well. I refuse sending it even once. Too much
hassle.

> > So for the time being I will continue
> > sending updates of my log to my QSL manager who does not require
my
> > sending
> > him photocopy of passport and license by snail mail.
>
> That is unfortunate.

No that is not.There are means to confirm identity other then snail
mail.

73, Igor UA9CDC