[CQ-Contest] LotW - Needs More Participation

Igor Sokolov ua9cdc at r66.ru
Thu May 20 22:57:15 EDT 2004

> This  has  been discussed in russian reclectors many times. A
"hacker"
> or  possible cheater will not deal with hard copies, but sure will
try
> with  the scan files. So the hard copies are the first line of
defence
> :)

I would not speak for "hacker" unless I am a hacker :)

> IS> Besides, my license is already on  eqsl.cc
>
> And  what?  I had uploaded my logs to the e-qsl and and received
about
> 200  confirmation  requests for the QSOs never been made. I even
could
> "confirm" them.

So what? I have qsl cards asking me to confirm contacts that were
never made. Don''t see it as valid argument.

> IS> I  thought  the  whole  idea is to avoide using post office in
the
> IS> beginning of the 21st century whenever possible.
>
> The whole idea is to protect the system of profanation and
unnecessary
> simplification.

Then it is done in a wrong way. I know dosens of contesters here who
would never bother to go through all this hassle.

> IS> So for the time being I will continue sending updates of my log
> IS> my  QSL  manager  who does not require my sending him photocopy
of
> IS> passport and license by snail mail.
>
> You  are  fighting  the  mills.  Is  it  really THAT hard to send
them
> photocopies?

Yes it is. Besides, I like fighting mills. Some good people did it in
the past and gained admiration of others.