[CQ-Contest] LotW - Needs More Participation

Igor Sokolov ua9cdc at r66.ru
Fri May 21 13:19:58 EDT 2004

> IS> So what? I have qsl cards asking me to confirm contacts that
were
> IS> never made. Don''t see it as valid argument.
>
> Yes  it  is. In case of LoTW you will never get a confirmation
request
> for  a  QSO  never  been  made.  To  be  correct,  you  will  see
QSO
> confirmation  if  and  only  if  both  QSO  records  meet  some
match
> criterion.

Was that the main purpose of the LOTW? I thought  it was simplifying
the process of QSL and avoiding unnecessary traffic through the post
office.

> It's  up  to  you and them. But I can not understand what makes you
> persuade  the others against LoTW?

Nothing. I do not do that

> Something makes me think you do not
> like the idea of non-traditional confirmations itself, and
photocopies
> is not the real reason you do not participate in the project.

You are let down by your thoughts. I was amongst beta testers and
supported the idea from the very beginning. I have decided not to
participate when I came to know I have to send photocopies via snail
mail.

> Wrong case. Don Quixote was fighting FOR something positive, but
you?

I am not really fighting. I am just supporting the idea of TRUE
electronic QSL.

> Finally, all this story is not about you but about those who need
your
> logs on the LoTW, for DXCC awards purposes. How about that? May I
have
> full  list  of contesters you mentioned above to avoid calling them
in
> the contests?

Those who need my cards can get them . The complete info is on QRZ.com
As for your request just DIY. Upload your log for the previous contest
and check for confirmations. Then never work those who did not do it
your way. That way you will increase the popularity of the LOTW to a
great extend.

73, Igor UA9CDC