[CQ-Contest] Re: LotW - Needs More Participation

Art RX9TX rx9tx at esoo.ru
Fri May 21 21:31:13 EDT 2004

 Hello Boris,

 Friday, May 21, 2004 Boris Knezovic wrote to cq-contest at contesting.com:

BK> IMHO, LotW will see better DX participation soonest ARRL
BK> allow DXpeditions to set their own QSO price and make the system
BK> where it would be possible to donate DXpedition through LotW. That
BK> way you cold get your DXpedition QSO's confirmed at, for example,
BK> $0.35 per QSO where ARRL would get its $0.25 and expedition their
BK> $0.10.

This  would  just kill LoTW. Everyone (including me) would set his own
price and those who do not want to pay just leave LoTW.

BK> No, I am not using LotW and it is not because of the above
BK> but because of the silly picture ID requirement.

How  will  ARRL  identify  you?  If LoTW would accept emailed files it
would be overloaded with forgery requests.

--
 73...Art RX9TX        22-May-04 01:18 UTC

 "If you want to feel rich, just count all of the things you have that money can't buy."