[CQ-Contest] Operator Error

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Wed Nov 10 22:23:49 EST 2004

On Nov 10, 2004, at 12:51 PM, Ken Widelitz wrote:

> With regard to the inconsistent sending of precedence, checks and
> sections,
> my understanding is that the log checking software is smart enough to
> flag
> such stations' exchange as "unstable." Receiving stations are not
> penalized
> in that situation.
>
> With regard to how "unstable" numbers are treated, N6TR, who developed
> the
> log checking software, would need to address the issue. I would suggest
> sending in your log with a notation that errors were made in the
> numbers
> that were sent.

Since the cabrillo format fully specifies the exchanges that were sent
and received, so long as they are correct, it shouldn't be a problem,
right? I mean, if the exchange sent actually matches what was sent,
then shouldn't the log checking software be able to check against it?

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901