[CQ-Contest] The Next BIG Step in contesting

K3BU at aol.com K3BU at aol.com
Sat Nov 20 17:18:05 EST 2004

In a message dated 11/20/2004 6:33:54 AM Eastern Standard Time,
bhorn at hornucopia.com writes:
>>Finally, we need to determine whether the interest in periodic real-time
score reporting during a contest is primarily by those who are interested
as spectators or by those who are competitive participants.<<

This OF is interested in doing his best job in allotted time and within the
rules. I could care less what the competitor is doing during the contest. If he
is ahead, what am I going to do? Send Tony Soprano to cut his coax?
I could care less what the spectators do, if they give me no points, what's
the point? Who would be foolish enough to spend weekend watching grass grow or
hams beating their brains. More interesting to check claimed scores and
hopefully final results SOON.

Let's get the contest results done in 30 or so days, why are we waiting 9
months with all the Cabrillos and computing power out there?

Again, post the logs on the web so competition can scrutinize them and reduce
the temptation for cheating.

73 Yuri, K3BU.us
Tesla RC N2EE, NT1E