[CQ-Contest] Contesting with an Apple Mac computer?

John WA2GO xnewyorka at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 23 08:44:55 EST 2004

It's time for me to buy a new laptop computer. I need it for general every
day use (Internet, Wordprocessing, Spreadsheets, etc.), but would ideally
like to also be able to use it for contesting.

Are there any serious contesters out there successfully using an Apple Mac
or Powerbook? If so, what are the options for software, and how is rig
interfacing performed for radio control, voice keying and CW keying?

I have never even owned a Mac, but keep hearing such great things about them
I thought I would give it some serious investigation.

John
WA2GO