[CQ-Contest] Here we go again

Bill Turner dezrat1242 at ispwest.com
Mon Nov 29 12:31:52 EST 2004

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 11:12:25 -0500, Joe Subich, K4IK wrote:

>Only when one has optimized the antenna system does SO2R add
>significantly to the score.

You're saying that as if it were proven fact.  Can you give some
evidence?  My *opinion* is just the opposite.  Even out here on the
west coast, I can hear nearly every station on, using a four element
quad at 80 feet.  I doubt that stacked antennas or multiple antenna
systems would gain much (pun intended).  On the other hand, being able
to look for mults on a second band while transmitting could be quite
productive.

In a 48 hour contest, an SO1R station can listen about 24 hours total,
and only on one band at a time.  An SO2R station can listen the whole
48 hours, on multiple bands if desired.  This has got to be a serious
advantage, else why would anyone bother?

--
Bill W6WRT