[CQ-Contest] Re: NAQP submission bounces

Bruce Horn shorn at pacbell.net
Wed Sep 8 23:42:29 EDT 2004

At 06:43 PM 9/8/2004, Jeffrey Rymer wrote:
>So now what happens. I sent my first log out on Sept 30 got no response
>back. I happen to look on the website on Sept 5 to see if I was on the
>list. I see I was not there. So the I resend my log again all weekend and
>it bounces back saying mailbox full.

My apologies, while I was on vacation all of last week, the mailbox the
NAQP logs forward to filled up.

>  On  Sept 7th the mail finally goes through but I get no response back
> from any one. I email them with the problem. No word  from anyone.

First of all, there is no autoresponder for NAQP logs, so all replies are
manual as indicated on the logs received page. Also, since I was on
vacation, I didn't see your e-mail to respond to. I'm currently working my
way through the 3000 e-mails I received while I was gone.

>  So now today I send to this address
>http://www.ncjweb.com/ssbnaqplogsubmit.php . Now it says this is my 1st
>log I've submitted.

I'm assuming you uploaded your log using this web form. It indicated that
this was the first log you submitted because it's the first log that went
into the log checking database. When you e-mail your log, I use the same
web application to upload your log and send you confirmation. You'll also
receive confirmation of your e-mailed log when I manually handle it --
probably this weekend.

BTW, this web form is the preferred method of submitting NAQP logs: it
provides immediate confirmation of your uploaded log, e-mails you a copy of
the confirmation, and posts your call on the logs received page.

>  Now its a little to late. Are these logs going to be grandfathered in
> because of email problems?

I've typically accepted logs up to a week late under normal circumstances,
so no one will be "punished" for their log being late because the mailbox
was full.

73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn at hornucopia.com)