[CQ-Contest] Don't we need to change the sprint protocol?

Lee Hiers aa4ga at contesting.com
Fri Sep 17 15:13:06 EDT 2004

On 17 Sep 2004 at 8:26, Bill Coleman wrote:

> Right as he finishes, someone else calls. I sit there sending NR? NR?
> NR? over and over, but they both ignore me. Soon the station is gone,
> and I've got a busted QSO.

First, if you need a fill, you've got to be *quick* on the trigger
about asking.  Any pause is going to be interpreted as an "R" or dit
that wasn't heard.

Instead of sending NR? NR? NR?, get the guy's attention by sending a
string of dits:   ...............NR    Shouldn't need the question
mark.

But I'll bet the problem is more the pause before asking for the
fill...at least that's often the case with me.

73 de Lee

--
Lee Hiers, AA4GA
Cornelia, Georgia