[CQ-Contest] COMPARING APPLES TO BASKETBALLS - ARRLDX RULES

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Sun Apr 3 17:24:21 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Shohet" <kq2m at earthlink.net>

> I am more concerned with the incredible disparity and
> advantage offered as to the usable operating frequencies
> for the VE's vs the US stations on SSB in DX contests.

I understand Bob's frustration but I suspect that everyone
outside W/VE would like it to stay the way it is.  From over
here, you're all "Americans" (with apologies to the VEs), and
the presence of the VEs makes ARRL DX more challenging - and
more interesting.  After all, it's relatively easy to work
the 48 states + DC, but a lot harder to get all the Canadian
mults.

Perhaps there's an argument for the VEs to be listed separately.
We don't want them as DX :-)

73,
Paul EI5DI