[CQ-Contest] CQ WW SSB. Mathematics

N2TK, Tony tony.kaz at verizon.net
Wed Aug 3 09:18:51 EDT 2005

Hi Tonno,
Well there is one real problem by not repeating the entire call. You may be
coming back to K1IK instead of N1IK. With your partial report no one knows
for sure whom you have logged. You may be 100% sure, but N1IK may not b e
100% sure.
This has happened to me in pileups with K2TK. If I don't hear my entire call
I assume I am not in the log.

When I operate from DX locations I always give the entire call of the
station I am working. If the other station doesn't conform then he/she is
not in the log. Maybe it's not the quickest way to operate, but I feel it
helps reduce broken calls or Not In the Log calls.

N2TK, Tony