[CQ-Contest] CQ WW SSB. Mathematics

Doug Smith W9WI w9wi at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 3 11:25:16 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 22:16, Mark Steven Williams wrote:
> Well, I have one for that, too. I used to be N4OKX. Actually received QSL
> cards made out to N40KX (november four-zero kilo xray) and SSB ops who would
> respond to my call like that. Who knows how they logged it.

See, this is the dilemna with docking a station when the other guy busts
his info.  N4-oh-KX works W9WI; W9WI's log says N4-zero-KX.

So is it fair to dock Mark 2 points if he didn't insist on hearing his
call properly given?  Probably.  Is it fair to dock him 2 points if he
did hear me give his call properly, but I typo'd it?  I'd say not.  The
contest sponsor has no way of knowing which situation applies.

How many of you insist that the other guy repeat your *exchange*?

K5ZD says "59 Massachusetts"...  and I type "59 MS"...  should Randy be
docked because he didn't ensure I logged his state properly?
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66