[CQ-Contest] Contest Support

Alfred J. Frugoli (KE1FO) afrugoli at verizon.net
Thu Aug 4 10:27:37 EDT 2005

I have to say that I enjoy getting a nice certificate in the mail. Saves
me running out to the store to buy special document or certificate
paper, plus printing off the certificate just doesn't feel right.  With
that said, the process could still be automated by using simple
mail-merge technology with a certificate winner database.  Certificate
info coul dbe added to a demplate, and mailing labels generated.
Process could be done within a day, even for 600 certificates!

73 de Al, KE1FO

Eric Hilding wrote:

>Kelly, VE4XT, wrote
>
> > ...I do have to wonder about the massive delays for some certificates...
>
>Here's a solution to e-x-p-e-d-i-t-e the issuance of certificates from
>contest sponsors, in consideration of the following:
>
>1. Most contest ops have a computer and Internet connection.
>
>2. Most logs are submitted via the technology mentioned in #1 (above).
>
>3. Computers/software can check logs to determine "Winners".
>
>4. MIRACUOUSLY, there is already software that can AUTO-GENERATE .pdf files
>and Email them to whatever email address has been included with the log
>submission.
>
>5. Most contests ops have a least one printer (and most likely a color
>DeskJet type).
>
>6. It's simple:  Contest Winners received .pdf format certificates
>AUITOMATICALLY via email and can IMMEDIATELY print them off and stick 'em
>on the shack wall (with or without a frame).  Goodbye to human and postage
>related delays and costs.
>
>7. This is not Rocket Science stuff, and very doable N-O-W.
>
>FYI & 73...
>
>Rick, K6VVA

73 de Al, KE1FO
www.ke1fo.info