[CQ-Contest] Contest Support
dx35 at hilding.com
Thu Aug 4 01:36:05 EDT 2005
Kelly, VE4XT, wrote
> ...I do have to wonder about the massive delays for some certificates...
Here's a solution to e-x-p-e-d-i-t-e the issuance of certificates from
contest sponsors, in consideration of the following:
1. Most contest ops have a computer and Internet connection.
2. Most logs are submitted via the technology mentioned in #1 (above).
3. Computers/software can check logs to determine "Winners".
4. MIRACUOUSLY, there is already software that can AUTO-GENERATE .pdf files
and Email them to whatever email address has been included with the log
5. Most contests ops have a least one printer (and most likely a color
6. It's simple: Contest Winners received .pdf format certificates
AUITOMATICALLY via email and can IMMEDIATELY print them off and stick 'em
on the shack wall (with or without a frame). Goodbye to human and postage
related delays and costs.
7. This is not Rocket Science stuff, and very doable N-O-W.
FYI & 73...
More information about the CQ-Contest