[CQ-Contest] Maybe a better idea for certificates

Bruce Horn bhorn at hornucopia.com
Thu Aug 4 13:48:53 EDT 2005

Hi,

As Syl noted in a separate e-mail, I've already built a system that can
provide full-color, print quality certificates in pdf form for any contest.
I started with the NAQPs since I do the log checking for all three modes.
My system would only require a contest or certificate manager to upload the
information needed for each certificate into a database. The application
automatically e-mails the recipient that a certificate is available with
instructions of how to download. The database tracks how many times the
certificate is downloaded, allows a certificate manager to limit the number
of times the certificate can be downloaded, and attaches a signature of
authentication to the certificate. The certificate is created dynamically
when the user requests the download, so it is only a matter of storing the
information that will be printed on the certificate for each recipient and
the blank certificate.

In the case of the NAQPs, if a certificate recipient has a problem
downloading the pdf or can't print high quality documents, I print the pdf
and mail it to them.

73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn at hornucopia.com)