[CQ-Contest] What is a contact? Errors?

Lawrence Stoskopf stoskopf at tri.net
Thu Aug 4 17:51:24 EDT 2005

This business of errors reminds me of a VHFer who gave out rare grids, but
often wouldn't QSL because he didn't always hear the ROGERs.

With the computer checking we are making two things important:  working a
station and getting logs entered correctly.

As my hearing gradually loses the higher pitches and has less tolerance for
badly spoken English, I would almost just go for a "Hey Joe, you there?" and
if he logs "Yea N0UU" and the computer says we were on at the same time
allowing a good contact.

N0UU