[CQ-Contest] Contest Support

K3BU@aol.com K3BU at aol.com
Fri Aug 5 08:00:48 EDT 2005

In a message dated 8/4/05 11:25:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time, v49a at yahoo.com
writes:

>>"We should be operating the contests for fun.  Period."
------
I am signing under this phrase, it is hard to say better. And shorter, too.
Period. End of story.
<<

Finally someone opened my eyes: "it is not important to win (in competition),
it is important to have fun (participate)"
All those people who compete for "cheap certificates" and trying to prove or
achieve something are (now turns out) M0RONs!?!
So all you (we) guys who bothered with antenna farms, rooms full of
equipment, traveling to exotic places to win or lose contest are "don't get it".
Don't feel bad, look at all those car, boat, plane racers, base-, foot-,
volley-... ball players and spectators are all "nuts!"
I just realized that I wasted my life on some of competing, shouda have sat
on front of TV with beerbootle and had jus' "fun".  Oh well...
As I said before, if you enjoy just having fun and walk (give out points), do
it. If you enjoy running (spend hours in contest having fun) do it. If you
enjoy pushing the envelope and fighting for #1 spot, see you in the pileups!
Certificates? For those first few #1 something spots, each is eagerly
awaited. After pile grows, they lose appeal and trophies start looking more
attractive, then records....
I know one thing, competition, winning, striving for excellence has taught me
to excel in my career and looking back, I am glad I did it and HAD FUN!!!
Other liberal opinions may vary and that's OK too.

73 Yuri
www.K3BU.us