[CQ-Contest] Most interesting band

Bill Turner dezrat1242 at ispwest.com
Wed Aug 24 08:57:46 EDT 2005

At 10:07 PM 8/23/2005, John Geiger wrote:

>What do you consider to be the most interesting HF band propagationwise?

I would have to say 20 meters, mainly for the surprises it can have in store.

Many times the band will appear dead, yet there is a lone station booming
in from halfway around the world. In the recent SARTG RTTY contest on
Sunday morning, I worked four Indonesian stations in a row with good
signals when there was nobody else audible. Many times I have worked all
continents in the space of ten or fifteen minutes. Whether the sunspots are
high or low, 20 will keep you entertained.

Bill, W6WRT