[CQ-Contest] zero pointers etc

Ted Bryant w4nz at comcast.net
Thu Dec 1 09:59:59 EST 2005

Dave K8CC said:
"...As long as CQWW gives multiplier credit for your own country, there are going to be zero point
QSOs..."

- yes, the root cause of the zero-point issue. Doesn't this also suggest a solution?

"...I don't really think the impact of zero point QSOs on your points/QSO ratio is of any
significance unless the percentage gets *really* high..."

- agree, but "really" high is really relative. NQ4I's zero-point QSO's was around 9% while K5NA's
was a whopping 19%! Both felt the impact.

73, Ted W4NZ