[CQ-Contest] some things never change

Paul T. Antos wb2abd at adelphia.net
Sun Dec 4 21:35:04 EST 2005

On Nov 28, 2005, at 7:33 AM, kr2q at optonline.net wrote:

> The house is very quiet as I read.  Except I keep hearing CW.  I
> turn around to check the rig, but it is off.  Happens all the time
> post contest.  After decades of contesting, it still makes me a
> little crazy.

ARRL 160...

I ran out of gas in the wee hours of Saturday morning , and took a short nap. Got up, threw some wood in the firebox, grabbed a drink: heading to the shack I swear I was hearing a low pitched CW ( like someone sneaking up into your run frequency). I figured this was really weird ... such a low pitch ... am I really that out of it?  It was two Great Horned owls up in the oaks where my wires hang . yapping at each other. It was way too dark to see which way they were ...

Paul WB2ABD