[CQ-Contest] RES: WRTC issues...

PY5EG py5eg at inepar.com.br
Tue Dec 20 04:59:32 EST 2005

Hi Simon and all Contest friends:

I'm reading the mail regarding the issue to have all the rules and other
major aspects of the WRTC competition with some years of anticipation.
I totally agree with this suggestion but I would like to emphasize some
aspects that the people who brought the WRTC into the world are involved
with.

1) It is very hard to find people motivated to sponsor and to organize the
WRTC in anywhere.
2) It is a totally no commercial event that depends of the spontaneous and
voluntary job of the organizers.
3) Be sure that there is no a line of countries waiting for the nomination.
4) From each one of the WRTCs we are taking important lessons and we can
gradually improve the events
5) The criticism and suggestions are very important to develop a plan for
the next one
6) The WRTC competition is by far more complex than any one of us imagined
in the beginning.

Regarding the Young Teams:

Please take in account that the YT scores and points are compared only
internally with the YT application.
So the difficult is common to everyone.

The limitation of 8 better scores among 33 or more contests selected:

To permit to the applicants to have the flexibility to choose the contests
they like.

Some friends does not approve the inclusion of the SS or NA sprint some
other love it.

So having 8 best scores among more than 33 most of the arguments against
contest B or C comes to ground. Just take another one!!!

I agree that the most important barrier to the YT are financial resources
limitations.

We have a Contest Club in USA studying the possibility to  fund the
necessary sources for the YT. This a fabulous idea and I'm sure that this
dream will come true.

I do have a great respect to the discussions on this matter and I'm sure
that we are learning a lot with it.

Thanks for supporting WRTC 2006.

Oms PY5EG