[CQ-Contest] Log checking questions

Michael Coslo mjc5 at psu.edu
Tue Dec 20 08:17:25 EST 2005

On Dec 19, 2005, at 4:13 PM, K0HB wrote:

>> I've often considered getting in on a contest that requires serial
>> numbers about an hour after it started and then doing S&P, giving
>> people
>> serial numbers in the thousands, and then not sending in a log. That
>> should raise a few eyebrows!  :-)
>>

> Is there any rule that says serial numbers have to start at 001, or
> that
> you can't "jump" a few hundred during the contest?  (Probably will
> be now,
> if there isn't already!

	No rules that I know of, Hans.

	Mutli-transmitter stations often start with different serial
numbers. Typically the first station takes 001 to 999, and the second
one takes 1000-1999, etc.

	With the advent of network savvy logging software this doesn't have
to be the case any more, but then you have to have a local network
set up between your different stations.

> I've sometimes thought that'd be a great "psych-war" tactic to
> demoralize
> your section competition in SS!

	It does. I've gotten some "wows" from people when I've given them
1000 plus s/n's after a half hour into the contest.

	- 73 de Mike KB3EIA -