[CQ-Contest] What should I do?

George Fremin III geoiii at kkn.net
Fri Dec 23 07:06:28 EST 2005

On Fri, Dec 23, 2005 at 03:40:51AM -0000, Randy Thompson wrote:
> >From the ARRL Sweepstakes rules:
>
> 3.2. Multioperator:
> 3.2.1. Multi-Single only:
> 3.2.1.1. Only 1 transmitted signal is permitted at any time.
>

> During the SS Phone contest, I called a station and he proceeded to give me
> the exchange.  As he was talking, I can hear another voice in the background
> also saying an exchange.  I notice that both of them give the same number.
> Then just before the op turns it over to me, he stops and corrects the
> serial number to one higher.  It's pretty obvious to me that they are
> transmitting the exchange on two bands at the same time.

It is funny you should mention this - I was just thinking about a
similar contact I had in SSB SS this year.

While the station in MN was giving me my exchange I could hear someone
else in the background giving an exchange to another station at the
same time.

Although I thought my recording was not working I just brought up
the audio file and it turns out I have it recorded.

I did tell them during the contact that they should not
have two signals on the air.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii at kkn.net