[CQ-Contest] What should I do?

Ed K1EP k1ep.list at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 08:41:45 EST 2005

At 12/23/2005 07:06 AM, George Fremin III wrote:

>It is funny you should mention this - I was just thinking about a
>similar contact I had in SSB SS this year.
>
>While the station in MN was giving me my exchange I could hear someone
>else in the background giving an exchange to another station at the
>same time.

I am not endorsing any violations of contest rules, but make sure that it is actually a violation.   Someone working me during SS this year might have heard someone else give out an exchange in the background too.  However, in my case, there were two separate stations operating, under two different callsigns, with different antennas, radios, amps, and computers.  The room was the same, but I don't see sharing a room a violation of the rules.  What I am saying is, in the past there have been several multi operable stations that enter a contest as multiple single op stations in complete agreement with the rules.  For example, I can think of Team Vertical a couple of years ago.  Now, Randy did give further evidence (changing serial numbers, same callsign) that it wasn't the case, but don't always jump to that conclusion.