[CQ-Contest] K0WA - No NAQP because of Ice

Lee Buller k0wa at swbell.net
Fri Jan 7 15:21:54 EST 2005

To my chagrin, I will not be on this weekend for NAQP CW....one of my favorite contests.  Newton, Kansas got hit with a hugh ice storm and I have been out of power since Tuesday.  The TH6DXX is sagging...the tower is loaded with ice still...and the dipoles are busted up.  I have a lot of tree damage too.  Ice is still hanging everywhere since the temp is just 29 degrees.  I hope I do not loose the tower.  Tomorrow should warm up, but I ll miss the event because of no power.  I don;t know when it will be on again.  Some sources say another 5 days.  Newton looks like it has gone through a war.

73 and have fun guys

K0WA ... 599 LEE