[CQ-Contest] How frequent to ID? Every QSO? No way!

Doug Renwick ve5ra at sasktel.net
Mon Jan 17 23:35:08 EST 2005

Sri Hans but you lose.  What José prescribes is a good way of controlling
the pileup.  When too many stations are calling it all just becomes noise
and the rate may slow down.  When José has a continuous pileup he doesn't
need you unless you are a new mult.  Yes, we all would like to instantly
know who the station is, but that is not always possible.  IDing every
minute or every 4-5 QSOs is in my mind a suitable practice.

Doug

--
Doug Renwick VA5DX
PO Box 50, Clavet, Saskatchewan, Canada S0K 0Y0
VE5RA at sasktel.net
First VE5 9BDXCC
What profit it a ham if he gains all the awards yet forfeits his soul?
I'll run the race and I will never be the same again.