[CQ-Contest] Tnx!!

K5ZM k5zm at comcast.net
Fri Jan 21 00:17:56 EST 2005

Tnx to all of you who have replied to my Sprint query. I've more to read up
on now than I'd originally thought possible ;)

Actually, I think I'd once seen *some* of this stuff b4 but had long ago
lost the URL info. About the only thing I do remember is the need for making
the message strings different for CQ and S&P.

Fortunately, most of the ops in the circles I run with have TR  (as I myself
have had for a number of years) so I'm well acquainted with most of it's
features. I've played numerous times with the sim (I'm deep into MR
currently), but never in the Sprint mode. I'll have to fire up the laptop
and check it out.

If I can find a suitable HP station local to me, I'll do all I can to make
the practices. That said, with the short format of the 'test, and the late
start time, if I can't find anything local that's open, I'll probably be
willing to make a 2 to 4 hour drive.. wx dependent.

'zm