[CQ-Contest] SO2R without LPT port Was: RE: SO2R with KENWOOD Radios +++

Joe Subich, K4IK k4ik at subich.com
Sat Jan 22 18:05:02 EST 2005

> OK, extending the notion one further -- could one use a
> USB-to-parallel cable (cost, ~$17.00) and supply all the
> signals currently needed by a standard LPT port SO2R box?
> All you need to do is control pins 14,16 and 17 for basic
> SO2R functionality, plus DVK control and so on.  Doable?

I don't know ... it depends on the logging software, what the
hardware supports and how well the USB virtual port drivers
are written.

As far as I can tell, most of the logging software is using
direct access to the hardware and that is not compatible with
the USB virtual port drivers.

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK