[CQ-Contest] RE: SO2R with KENWOOD Radios +++

Jeff Maass jmaass at columbus.rr.com
Sun Jan 23 06:48:40 EST 2005

G'day Randy:

Do you find that the W5XD keyer is a rotten manual
keyer?

I have two, we have one at Signal Point PJ2T. For
SO2R and computer keying, it's great. We have Idiom
CMOS-4 keyers in parallel for manual keying.

Everyone who has ever tried to use one with a paddle
dislikes it. It seems unforgiving to any paddle
inconsistencies or sloppiness, which are inevitable
as you get fatigued.

It's possible we've all missed some setup to make the
thing behave more like a WB4VVF or Curtis B keyer, and
if so I'd sure like to configure them properly!

73,

Jeff Maass  K8ND