[CQ-Contest] IOTA Contest, 30/31 July

Donald Field g3xtt at lineone.net
Mon Jul 18 04:53:26 EDT 2005

The IOTA Contest takes place over the weekend of 30/31 July (1200-1200). All are invited to participate. Everyone works everyone, but island contacts are worth significantly more points and islands are also multipliers. The contest is always popular, with many expeditions to semi-rare and rare islands, allowing participants to increase their score towards the wide range of IOTA awards. To facilitate this, we are working towards allowing contacts made in the contest (provided both logs have been received by the adjudicators) to count towards IOTA awards without the need for QSL cards.

The rules are essentially unchanged from last year except that the SWL section has been dropped, as a result of significantly lower participation in recent years. The rules do, however, spell out more clearly than before the format for Cabrillo logs which, while not mandatory, are preferred. Nevertheless, we are retaining the two-stage submission process introduced last year, whereby you receive a confirmation e-mail for your log asking you to go to a web page to validate your category, etc. This is simply because, if you use a logging program which doesn't overtly support the IOTA contest, your header information may not be sufficient to give us all the data we need. The process should not take more than a minute or so.

The full rules can be found at:http://www.contesting.co.uk/hfcc/iota.shtml or via www.rsgbhfcc.org

We look forward to your participation in the contest and receiving your log in due course. Photos and write-ups are also appreciated for the web site - to either of the e-mail addresses below please.

Any questions can be addressed to iotacontest at rsgbhfcc.org or directly to me.

73 Don G3XTT
IOTA Contest Manager
don at g3xtt.com