[CQ-Contest] FWD: [YCCC] The Krassy Fund

Jim Idelson k1ir at designet.com
Mon Jul 18 08:07:35 EDT 2005

Contesting friends,

This message is to update you on the health of Krassy Petkov, K1LZ, and to let
you know how you can help him out if you would like to do so.

Krassy is resting at home after his second reconstructive surgery, which was
performed last Sunday. I visited him yesterday. He is in quite a bit of pain
all the time. It's taking a lot out of him. Despite the pain, he is in good
spirits and he is very motivated to make a full recovery. He is already
starting to put some weight on the leg.

In my conversations with Krassy over the past month, one of the things that has
been a constant theme has been his appreciation for the people around him who
have been willing to assist in so many ways. His family is right there to help,
as well as his work associates, and of course the worldwide ham community. With
the help of the ham community, Krassy was able to return from Canada much more
quickly than might have been possible otherwise [thanks KC1XX and others], and
he's now on the air from his bedroom at home [thanks to the efforts of a few
local hams].

If you want to help out, even if you are not a local, there is a way. YCCC has
setup a simple process by which you can contribute to defray some of the
expenses Krassy's family is incurring that will not be reimbursed by his
insurance. The message below from W1LLU provides the details of the program.
When I spoke with Krassy last week, he told me that he really didn't yet have a
handle on what expenses would not be covered by insurance. He suggested that
any funds exceeding his out-of-pocket expenses related to his treatment and
recovery should be earmarked as contributions for future DXpedition activities.

Krassy is very appreciative of everything people are doing for him, and he
extends his best wishes to all.

If you have questions, you can contact me. Questions specifically about the
fundraising program are best handled by Jim, W1LLU.

73,

Jim Idelson K1IR
email    k1ir at designet.com
web    http://www.k1ir.com