[CQ-Contest] L.O.T.W.

Igor Sokolov ua9cdc at r66.ru
Mon Jul 25 14:13:43 EDT 2005

> IS> I agree with Bill fully. LOTW is missing participation from a
lot of
> IS> users because of the complexity. None of those whom I know here
in
> IS> UA9 is on LOTW although there are several on eQSL.CC
> IS> I have tried LOTW myself and gave up. I think I will wait till
LOTW
> IS> is more user friendly and then I will be able to upload my
55000 QSO
> IS> as well as 30 000 QSO from different DXpeditions.
>
> IS> 73, Igor UA9CDC
>
> You're  not  honest  with us, Igor. Last year you told us that you
had
> uploaded  all your logs to the LoTW when it was in beta-testing
stage,
> and  only  reason  you don't use LoTW now is that they require to
send
> your papers to the ARRL.
>
> --
>  73...Art RX9TX        25-Jul-05 12:24 UTC

I always liked new ideas and always tried to be amongst the first to
try them.
I indeed been participating in beta testing of LOTW because I thought
it will make the process of QSLing simpler. It did not. At least not
to the extend I was looking for. Still I would be prepared to put up
with unnecessary complexity for some time but I refuse to participate
in the system that permanently suspect me in fraud and therefore
requires me to send photocopy of my passport to prove that I am who I
am. If we follow this logic ARRL should ask those sending contest
logs for ARRL contests to supply photocopy of passport and license.
Or better yet, turn up personally with all the proofs of identity
starting from birth certificate. Sorry but that is not for me. I am
not that interested in QSL. I am not collecting awards. Besides I
have very good QSL manager.

73, Igor UA9CDC