[CQ-Contest] CQWW results

Alan Zack k7acz at cox.net
Sun Jul 31 22:35:15 EDT 2005

But with the income from subscribers and advertisers why can't they hire a data
entry person part time to post the results on the web site?  All the work has
been done when the results are posted in the magazine.  All we are asking is
someone, somehow, put this very same, exact information on a web site so we
don't have to save the magazines for years just for a couple of pages of
contests results like the ARRL does it.

Lee Hiers wrote:
> On 30 Jul 2005 Zoli  wrote:
>

>>>The answer I got back is that the ARRL has paid
>>>staff members to do this and the CQ Contest staff
>>>are all unpaid volunteers.
>>
>>They should change their volunteers then... What a lame
>>excuse...
>

> Not that CQ needs me to defend them, but are *you* volunteering?
>
> I doubt there is a queue of people waiting at the CQ doorstep to jump
> in and volunteer to do this work.  I've done a small bit of volunteer
> log checking in the past, and know that it's a thankless job for the
> most part.
>
> As this comment illustrates.
>
> 73 de Lee

Alan Zack
Amateur Radio Station K7ACZ
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Quality Engineer, The Boeing Company, Retired