[CQ-Contest] Dayton and the forum issues

K3BU@aol.com K3BU at aol.com
Thu Jun 9 10:50:35 EDT 2005

In a message dated 6/9/2005 8:04:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time, k9gx at n4gn.com
writes:

>>Will it happen? Naaaahhhh.<<

In case of Hamvention, it is question of group of people who organize it,
call the shots and the accommodation of the facilities - Hara Arena. There is the
tradition also.

Would the Hamvention team consider doing it in Louisville, KY, or would they
transfer the project to KY group? That is the question. As far as travel,
probably not much difference for majority of participants.

We, Tesla RC, tried to have something like Visalia East - DXContestvention
near Port Jervis, NY at nice 142 acre resort, offering nice facilities, camping
etc. Major contest clubs did not show any interest in supporting or promoting
the event (Sept.) Few Frankford contesters showed up, that was it. We took
care of all the logistics, just needed promo and participation among the true
believers. So, back to do nothing.

Now with Internet, who needs any get together, what it seems.

73 Yuri, K3BU
Tesla RC, N2EE, NT1E