[CQ-Contest] 2005 Dayton Forum Wrap Up

Simon Brown simon.brown at kns.ch
Fri Jun 10 12:38:52 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: <TOMK5RC at aol.com>

> Neither should you critics unless you have event-management experience
> and are
> ready to jump in and take charge.

Now with this I do not agree. I visited Dayton for the first time this
year - it's an expensive, poorly organised dump. I have never been to such a
wretched event. the O'Hara arena should be rasied to the ground as a matter
of high priority. I will never visit Dayton again.

In two weeks the major European event takes place at Friedrichshafen in
Germany on the lake of Constance where 18,000 attend. The difference is like
night and day. Nice modern exhibition centre, good food and drink, plenty of
room to sit down outside and anjoy a few beers in a civilised environment.

Simon Brown
---
www.hb9drv.ch www.laax.ch