[CQ-Contest] [Amps] Fizzing From Amp

David Pruett k8cc at comcast.net
Fri Jun 24 09:47:11 EDT 2005

When I went to college down in Arkansas, I used to operate with John, the
original N5DX (now an SK).  He was a dedicated DXer and a heavy smoker, and
he used to blow the smoke into his C-Line while he operated.

When I showed up with my brand new (and smoke free) C-Line, this was
immediately apparent as my dials were the light Drake blue, while John's
were *green*.  Inside, the radio was covered with the gunk Ian describes.

If that doesn't drive you away from smoking, nothing will...

Dave/K8CC