[CQ-Contest] A different OTR/

VR2BrettGraham vr2bg at harts.org.hk
Sat Jun 25 00:01:06 EDT 2005

W5VX reported:

>We had been discussing a signal at my local sunrise 7.000 - 7.015 and it
>appeared to be coming from possibly the BY area.  From the discussion it
>appeared that we might have had more than one.
>
>This evening at 0100 a different signal appeared coming from SE from S. TX.
>I frequently have a path to VK6/8 during the late afternoon in that
>direction. The signal was audible from 7.035 - 7.065 and was a very nice 599
>beaming over South America.  Maybe this was the signal from VK/ZL or maybe
>we have yet another.

Chances are it is the same.  I have a recording from N7MAL & it
sounds very much like what is looking to be either from VK6 or BS7-area
from out here "on point".  If you could make a short recording & forward
it to me, it would be appreciated.

Now S9 as far away as W5... more QTFs from around here are needed,
but every spot of RADAR on one's local cluster helps support the
argument that this is harmful interference & at some point something
will have to be done about it.

There is a company NE of W5 that sells antennas for these radar
systems which are specified as being reasonant within the 40m amateur
band & its products are apparently deployed both close to that vendor, as
well much closer to you just to the east.  It's amazing what might be
going on out there...

73, VR2BrettGraham