[CQ-Contest] arrl dx ssb cluster spot analysis

VR2BrettGraham vr2bg at harts.org.hk
Thu Mar 10 23:04:03 EST 2005

EA5ON responded to K1TTT's review of spots in ARRL DX SSB:

>Spanish hams are doing a lot to try to clear up the image of boorish hams
>that has accompanied us for so many years, we're a long way along the road
>but things like this do still set us back some.

Sorry, but this is amateur radio today.

Like asking if a frequency is in use before calling CQ.  Using your full
call to identify your station, or not firing up with SSB over the top of
some CW signal to try & get the station to switch modes.

Back home, you are some sort of weirdo foreigner to suggest otherwise.

I see so much abuse of spotting outside contests, it seems amateur
radio has become some sort of wireless ICQ.

73, 9M6BrettGraham