[CQ-Contest] IRLP Contest

Craig Cook craig.n7or at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 10:17:54 EST 2005

Dale is right. As many of you are mis-informed, you need at least a
radio to work IRLP. It is ONLY a linking protocol. You CAN NOT work it
with just a soundcard and a headset as somebody insisted to me
off-list. I think that if just a few of these guys get interested in
contesting through this, heck, 1 guy, wouldn't that be to you
contester's benefit? The real truth seems to be that you really don't
want any newcomers. Keep ridiculing them, calling them
"shack-on-a-belt" guys. In a few years you can all work each other and
the contests will take up less of your weekend.
N7OR