[CQ-Contest] biggest 20M array in the world ?

Michael Tope W4EF at dellroy.com
Wed Mar 16 10:15:04 EST 2005

I talked to the guy the other day who built ZZK's antenna. He
said it was 13 elements on a 165' boom. The boom was
Heights Aluminum tower with a 3 dimensional truss to stiffen
it. Rotator was a prop pitch. I don't recall the height (I think
it was up around 100 ft). The antennna didn't work at first
because the elements were attached to the boom (they didn't
have fancy software in those days to do corrections). After
they insulated the elements from the tower the antenna really
started to play. And yes as I recall from previous conversations
there was a pregnant PA in the shack to match the antenna.

73 de Mike, W4EF...................