[CQ-Contest] Women in contesting

Eric Hilding dx35 at hilding.com
Wed Mar 16 19:51:53 EST 2005

Ken, WM5R wrote:

 > Although there is significant regional variation, one out of every seven
hams in the U.S. is female.

I found this statistic quite astonishing.

 > If we could just improve the male/female ratio in contesting to match
 > that of ham radio at large, how many more QSOs could that be?

If contest sponsors offered some prize awards like gift certificates to
Nordstrom, Bed-Bath & Beyond, etc., ... or even one "Extreme Makeover"
package, I think we might see the percentage of female participants
skyrocket :-)

73...

Rick, K6VVA