[CQ-Contest] LoTW

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Wed Mar 30 08:57:18 EST 2005

On Mar 30, 2005, at 1:56 AM, Chris Tran ZL1CT wrote:

> I'd like to congratulate the ARRL team responsible for the 'Logbook of
> the
> World' - it's great !  I've uploaded 183441 QSOs made since 1992 with
> 15
> different callsigns, which have so far resulted in 14731 QSL 'matches'
> -
> this is an 8% return (current overall LoTW QSL rate = 4.3%) - this
> rate is
> slowly rising as more and more logs are uploaded.

LoTW is absolutely great. What it needs right now is more
participation, especially from DX operators.

Obtaining LoTW credentials is a rather involved process for a DX
station -- but the LoTW is worth it. A few big M/M stations have
already achieved 5-Band DXCC through LoTW, but it's a lot harder for us
little guns.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901